E-Cig Battery Buyer’s Guide
Even if you’re a long-time vaper, it’s easy to be overwhelmed when shopping for a new e-cig battery. Knowing which battery will fit your cartomizer is a science unto itself — one that only the most dedicated vapers have time for.
As with any growing industry, the eCig business is littered with poor quality products that aren’t worth your money. At East Coast Vapor, however, we have hand-picked a selection of items from reputable manufacturers. That means when you’re shopping for a new eCig battery with us, you really only need to consider two things:
- Battery type — To learn which type of battery you should buy, you’ll need to know a few things about your clearomizer/cartomizer. Generally speaking, there are three types of e-cigs on the market today: minis, mid-size and APVs.
Mini electronic cigarettes look like regular cigarettes and require a smaller battery — model names include 501, 901, M401 and KR808. Mid-size e-cigs are the most common type of vapor cigarette. Known as the eGo system, most mid-sizes require a 510-style connection — any battery compatible with this type of threading can be used. Lastly, advanced personal vaporizers (APVs) are generally only used by serious vaping aficionados. They require a different type of battery than other e-cigs, usually a 3.7 volt lithium-ion model.
- Battery size — Your next consideration when shopping for e-cig batteries is size. Size is most commonly measured by milliamp-hour (mAh). While you may be limited by the compatibility of your clearomizer to a certain extent (for example, mini e-cigs typically require smaller batteries), a larger battery will provide stronger throat hits and more vapes per charge. Variable voltage battery technology has become popular among certain e-cig users — it gives them more control over their vaping experience. However, variable voltage batteries are more expensive than other units.
Making the Most of Your E-cig Battery
E-cig batteries wear out over time, and if not treated properly, you may begin to see your maximum charge time shrink. Regardless of which size or style of battery you purchase, follow a few simple rules to get the most out of your purchase. If you want your e-cig battery to continue to deliver the best performance, be sure to:
- Use it every day
- Keep it out of direct sunlight and away from excessive heat
- Disconnect it from your clearomizer when not in use
- Keep it charged above 50% at all times
- Store it fully charged if you don’t plan on using it for an extended period of time
- Don’t leave it connected to a charger once it has been fully charged
For more information about choosing an e-cig battery, contact East Coast Vapor by email or phone — or stop by one of our two retail locations today.